Tuesday, October 3, 2017

How to cope when others get it wrong.



How to cope when others get it wrong.
I had few moments when I got it wrong on Sunday – great time at Church- then home and boom – something happened & I blew my fuse. The amazing thing is Peter never seemed to take offense and my hope is neither did those who heard me vent.  I was reading about the dangers of taking Offense at things that are said and done to you and the danger of offense becoming a root of bitterness.
Coping with the things that are done to you which might cause offense seems to be based around Jesus teaching about denying yourself and taking up your cross.
Like Peter – we need to accept God’s plan is not always my plan.  I have to give up Control, insisting things are gone my way.
Like Peter – we need to give up Pride – thinking we know best.
Like Peter we need to give up any sense of Self entitlement.
Matthew says in 16:25 “For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. The way up is down.
For Jesus this was no theoretical exercise. It was not merely a metaphor for a little bit of self-denial.  Read Philippians 2:1-11.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by and reading this. You will find links to St Columba's services, helpful information and a few more personal thoughts.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

About Me

My photo
Married with Children. my wonderful wife is Sue. I have 2 sons Paul in Gisborne David In Napier